The students and I are having an epic time out here in Embera Village and Bocas del Toro in Panama. Every day brings countless new and exciting adventures, but I have managed to narrow down and highlight some of the trip favorites!
Here are my Top 7… so far
1) All-day super dense, difficult and muddy rainforest trek to hidden and massive waterfall on indigenous lands –
Best Swimming Ever!
2) Monkeys, birds, frogs, lizards, tapir, ocelot, and giant anteater paw prints, literally hundreds of crocodiles and caiman, soooo much wildlife.
3) Journey in a tippy dug-out canoe to the indigenous Embera village – where we lived simply and beautifully with our new friends.
4) Exploring the caves below the tropical forest with our Embera friends.
5) Hiking to massive (HUGE) Ceiba Tree – the “mother tree” – the biggest tree I’ve ever seen!
6) Flight out to Bocas where we’re staying at a breezy inn –
Literally right on the water!
7) Boating all around the reefs and mangroves in search of the best snorkeling.
Of course I am having the best time, but what I love most is seeing the students open up to new things and gaining courage, life skills, and street smarts.